Best thing on the market for cleaning silver

Hi all maybe you have tried this stuff before but for me it is the collectors dream for cleaning sterling or plate to include brass, copper, and a host of other metals. It has never ever caused any damage to any of the pieces I have cleaned and usually brings a very bright shine in min. with no abrasive what so ever and no real hard rubbing or buffing and no I’m not talking about Tarnex although I use it on occasions to get the real nasty stuff clean but am very careful to wash with warm soapy water quickly after using it to stop the reacting, it can be good for very bad pieces just so your fast with it and follow up with a quick bath. What I use is a cloth type substance sort of like raw cotton or wool that is treated with some very good cleaner and has sort of a oily base to it and comes in a blue can where you just tare off as much as you need to do the job, in most cases about the size of a couple cotton balls works untill it turns very black then throw it away and grab some more, I’m telling you the truth IT IS THE BEST :smiley: It’s called NEVR-DULL, NEVR-Dull and is relatively inexpensive, it’s all I use and have ever used for over 25 years. You won’t believe how good this stuff works and it dose not ware away the silver either as do other chemicals. Well take it or leave it, it’s up to you for me it’s tops. Thanks All. God Bless. Regards Brad. <><

Hi there,

I use Nevr-Dull in my workshop to reapply a patina after removing a monogram, that’s how abrasive this polish is. Anything that cleans quickly, be very suspicious of. Check my Web site for polish recommendations as well as what to stay away from.

I recently uploaded a new page: Silver Polish Abrasion Ratings ([url]http://www.hermansilver.com/silver-polish-abrasion-ratings.htm[/url]). You’ll notice that Nevr-Dull is in the “Extreme Abrasion” category!

1 Like

'm telling you the truth IT IS THE BEST Very Happy It’s called NEVR-DULL, NEVR-Dull and is relatively inexpensive, it’s all I use and have ever used for over 25 years. You won’t believe how good this stuff works and it dose not ware away the silver either as do other chemicals.

Wicky,

You’re obviously not a silver conservator nor have you read my Silver Polish Abrasion Ratings page. And if you think it doesn’t wear away silver, YOU’RE ABSOLUTELY WRONG. Don’t give visitors to this site the impression that you know something about the care of silver.

Interesting reads, since you mostly see just on the market little things sold in infomercials to clean silver. None of which really get the job done