www.silver-collector.com
ask questions to antique silver experts
homeHome    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   

Silver Collector is now Closed

Its been a good run but these days there are more active forums for silver collectors.
If you need help reading silver marks we recommend you visit 925-1000

Thanks to everyone who's contibuted over the years, especially our fantastic moderators.

Silver 42 flag set

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Home -> What is it? -> Silver 42 flag set

jennifermadi

Posted: 27/09/2009 
Post subject: Silver 42 flag set

I have a set of 42 solid silver flags. They have a description on the back of each flag i.e." FLAG OF MEXICO This Mexican flag flew over Texas 1821-23 carrying the coat of arms of Mexico and three stripes representing Union, Independence, Religion. Sterling F74" Another says "15th US FLAG Kansas' admission as a free state brought the total of stars on the flag to 34. The new flag served from 1881 through half of Civil War. Sterling F74"

It doesn't actually say capital F but there is a symbol that looks like it that I can't find on my options to write. They are of varying shapes and sizes and are in a custom wood box with blue felt lining. They were a gift that I received years ago.

Any help would be appreciated as to what this collection is and what it may be worth.

Thank you!

Jennifer

Description:

silver.jpg

pbarnhart

Posted: 30/09/2009 
Post subject: re: Silver 42 flag set

This is the "Franklin Mint Flags of America" ingots collection. This appears to be the smaller of the two sets types issued and usually came with a certificate.

You can find more information on this site about Franklin Mint collectibles - http://franklin-mint-silver.com/franklin-mint-flags-of-america-ingots.htm

As a rule, Franklin Mint items are rarely worth more than bullion.

Page 1 of 1 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: