Forbes Silver Company

I have been clearing out cupboards, and found a coffee set (urn, creamer and sugar bowl) which is Forbes Silver Company. I have read the other posts on this website, but my set does not say ‘quadruple’ on it. Although, it does have 4 marks. These marks are exactly as listed on this website: 925-1000.com/silverplate_F.html , with the 3 shields and the bird. It also states ‘Acanthus’ and 2458 as its code.

I cannot seem to find anything anywhere on the web which matches this. Does anyone know of this?

Thanks!

Carol

Hi there Carol and thanks for joining us. The Forbes Silver Co. was formed in 1894 in Meriden, Conn. as a division of the Meriden Britannia Co. for the manufacture of silver plated holloware. It used three marks, the two shown on the 925-1000 site and a third, a “football” shaped mark with “FORBES” across the top and “S.P.Co.” across the bottom. The mark with the 3 sheilds and the bird head sometimes had the words “Sheffield Reporduction” underneath.

Forbes/Meriden was one of the original companies that combined with others to form the International Silver Co. in 1898.

Regards,

Uncle Vic