Hallmark Identification on a Silver Watch and Double Albert

Hi…

I hope that someone can help please. I recently had an aunt die and I had the un enviable task of clearing the house. There were 4 gold watches but the thing that took my eye was this beautiful silver pocket watch. Then totally unexpected today I found the double albert chain c/w medal. I am sorry but cant take photos yet as I had app my photographic equipment stolen. I will try to describe the hallmarks below and hope the info I give will be enough to help me at least…

On the back of the medal is HB, then a small space then an Anchor, What appears to be a Lion standing on all fours and then a C.

On the T Bar, on one end is HP, and on the other end is the same Lion and the same C.

On the first link there is a mark that I cant identify.

On each link of the chain is the Lion.

On the clasp at the bottom of the chain is HP on the side and on the bottom of the clasp is the Lion and C.

On the watch, The knob at the top which has the ring that the chain clasp hooks on to has TB on the back and the Lion and N on the front.

The Hallmarks on the inside of the back cover show the Lion just above
the middle and below what can best be described as a shield shape
with 2 tiny bumps coming out of the top 2 corners and another 2 bumps
coming out close to the bottom of the shield.

I hope there is enough detail there and that I have described it in a way where some marks can be identified.

Where could I get something like this valued, assuming that it is worth getting valued.

Many thanks for any help I may be given. This is my first time here and Hopefully someone can help.

Thank You

Nigel[/b]

Without pictures it is impossible to be sure, so please post pictures as soon as you can. However here goes with some preliminary thoughts…

HB is probably Herbert Bushell; the anchor indicates a Birmingham assay and the C is probably the lower case c date code for 1902. HP is not known to me (or did you mean HB?).

I am completely at a loss on the marks on the watch case as you have not described anything which sounds like an assay office mark (e.g. anchor for Birmingham, uncrowned leopard’s head for London or wheatsheaves & sword for Chester).

If the gold watches are solid gold then they will be individually far more valuable than the silver one. Value of watches does depend upon condition - does it work? has it got any physical damage?

2 suggestions for getting a value are (a) look at completed auctions on eBay to see what they are selling at, or (b) take it to a local antique dealer and see what you are offered for it.