W.B. Kerr Sterling Art Nouveau Case

I’ve inherited a case from my late uncle. I’ve searched long and hard to get as much info on it as I can, before asking for anyone elses time :stuck_out_tongue: But now, I’m stuck.

What I (think I) know:

Made by William B. Kerr & Co, I believe between 1855-1892
It is signed, and Sterling. It has the earlier axe hallmark, so guessing it was made before the company changed hands. And has the series number (?) 1198

Condition:

Clasp, Hinge, and inside spring mechanisms in perfect working order.
No dents, a little dingy (though I prefer my personal pieces a little tarnished)
There are 2 scratches on the back, one might be buff-able, and the other…might even be a manufacturing flaw? as it looks like something circular pushed on it rather than scratched it…if that makes sense, Though its not a scratch I’m rambling

I have been unsuccessful in finding ANY other examples of this type of case from W.B.Kerr…its usually bowls or grooming sets. So I have no clue what its value might be.
If I were to sell, is better to clean and shine the piece? or leave it dingy?..well sounds silly when I type it out, polished I’m guessing?

Thank you in advance for any insight <3
I am also posting this elsewhere for any help further identifying it.
WKerrCaseBACK.jpg

We sold two similar cigarette cases from William B. Kerr last year, one for $359 (TimR@HA.com.

Regards,

Thank you very much :slight_smile: