ask questions to antique silver experts
homeHome    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   

Silver Collector is now Closed

Its been a good run but these days there are more active forums for silver collectors.
If you need help reading silver marks we recommend you visit 925-1000

Thanks to everyone who's contibuted over the years, especially our fantastic moderators.

What is this?

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Home -> What is it? -> What is this?

Author Message

Joined: 22 Feb 2007
Posts: 5
Location: California

Posted: 22/02/2007 
Post subject: What is this?
Reply with quote

I think I know what it generally is. It is some kind of liquid container that has an internal pump. Push the top plunger down and the inside sleeve pushed down and forces water out of the top spout.

It originated in New England...thought to be from the late 1880s.

However, nobody can tell me what it is called oficially or where it would have been used. Youe help is appreciated!

John G.
Back to top  
Display posts from previous:   

Page 1 of 1 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

Use of this website constitutes an agreement to these Terms and Conditions
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: founded by I.Franks Antique Silver & David Shure Antique Silver & Antique Silver Flatware