Need help identifying a silver flask!

This is my first time posting on this site and any help would be greatly appreciated. when I was younger my family moved into a new place and I found this flask in a barn. Its been sitting in a box forever until I decided to pull it out last night and do some research to try and figure out who made it and how old it may be. I searched throught the online encyclopedia of silver marks site and the only thing I can come up with is that it may be from Reed & Barton; except there is no date mark on it. If someone can give me some insight into this I would be estatic. Oh and if possible decipher the letters on the front. Thanks:David[/img]
8.jpg
13.jpg
12.jpg

Here are a few more pictures.
11.jpg
9.jpg
6.jpg

Hi there David and thanks for joining us. Your flask was indeed made by Reed & Barton of Taunton, Mass. and is sterling silver. R&B used date marks on its sterling holloware between 1928 and 1957, and the absence of a date mark on your flask leads me to date it as pre-1928 because the style of engraving of the monogram is late 19th or early 20th century. The number is the model or pattern number.

I can’t be sure of the initials engraved on the front, but whoever did it was very skilled. I personally consider such engraving as pure artwark that enhances the beauty and value of an item such as yours. Polish it up gently with a mild silver poli9ch and enjoy it!

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Uncle Vic, thank you so much for the informaton you’ve provided. Unfortunately any value that it may have collected probabaly went out the window about thirty miinutes ago. I was polishing it and wasnt paying attention to what I was doing; the lid was open and I accidentally put pressure on it in the wrong direction and it broke on the lid side of the hinge. Oh well. Guess I’ll know better next time… “Kicks self in A$$”. Anyways thank you for the information. David
rsz_1b.jpg
rsz_c.jpg

No big deal - take it to a manufacturing jeweler and its a simple job to solder the hinge back together.

Uncle Vic