MARKS ON SILVER SHAWL/SCARF PIN

PLEASE COULD YOU IDENTIFY THESE MARKS, THERE IS A MAKERS MARK “VF” IN A CIRCLE OR OVAL, THE OTHERS APPEAR TO BE A HEAD OF A NEGRO AND A PINEAPPLE
THANKS
SILVER.jpg

aditional mark to closure ring.
silvermarkring.jpg

makers mark??
silvervf.jpg

It seems to have got you, like me stumped, I’ve only been trying to find out since 1982 when I bought the thing, I dont know why, but i’ve always had the feeling that it could be French but as I say its only a feeling.

appreciate all your help, anything

Harry

Hi Harry, sorry to have taken so long to get back to you, I’ve been very busy at work.

The marks you have photographed are old Tunisian marks, for 800 standard silver. The marks were introduced on the 18th of July 1905, and were used until 25th June 1942, so your item must have been made during this period.

The VF in a circle mark will be the makers mark, but I can’t find any info as to who it might be…

Hope that helps a bit.

Best regards
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
Many thanks for your efforts, Tunis had come to mind but research turned up nothing. As i said I had a gut feeling it had a French connection, but dont ask me why, perhaps some deep hidden link in my subconcience. Very interesting site and hope to use it more, perhaps be able to help you and others out with the knowledge that i have.
Once again many thanks.
Harry.