HOROVITZ SILVER CUP BUT WITH LION HALLMARK ! NEED HELP PLEAS

[size=18]Good Evening all … I am about to buy a nice silver CUP weights 271 Grams as featured on photo. I am not sure of the value cause the CUP’s bottom bears serial number 29988 and engraved “W.HOROVITZ” … The cup also bears 4 Hallmarks round its Lip " Crown, Lion, Letter “G” and another hallmark I could not understand it … I also photoed all hallmarks… Can some help to identify this cup and why it has a serial number ?? Also I understood that HOROVITZ is a German Brand, then why it has the Lion and Crown of England ??
I have a bigger High Res photos but couldn’t post here :cry:

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Amr
HOROVITZ SILVER CUP R3.jpg
HOROVITZ SILVER CUP R2.jpg
HOROVITZ SILVER CUP R1.jpg

The marks around the cup are:

• Maker’s mark: William Hutton & Sons
  • Assay office mark: Sheffield
  • Lion passant: English symbol for sterling silver
  • Date letter: 1924

I read the name at the bottom as W Morovitz, not Horovitz. It has no significance for the value of the cup and is probably the name of the retailer. The number is most likely a pattern number. Note that the symbol above the number is the “crossed arrows” trade mark of William Hutton & Sons.

To get a value I suggest you calculate its scrap value and add 5-10%. There are scrap silver calculators on the internet which may give you values in your local currency. Just remember that sterling is 925/1000 pure.