How much is my silverware worth?

Hi All,

I am new here and was wondering if someone can help me place a value on the following.

There are about 30 pieces as shown in the photo, there are dates on the back raging from 1912-1920’s. These are from the Biltmore Hotel in New York City back in the early 20th century as it says and I was told my great Grandfather used to work there. I believe it is sterling silver due to the mark. I think it is a Birmingham. I am new so unsure.

I just don’t sell for melt value if it has other significant value. All together they weigh aprox 3lbs.

Thanks in Advanced.

Mr Beno
tongs-and-small-spoons.jpg
back-brand-and-dates.jpg
all-plus-patern.jpg

The mark which you show in your second picture is a Gorham electroplate mark - not Birmingham silver. I have no idea of value but don’t plan your retirement yet…

Thanks, I got it checked out by a coin dealer and it was electro Plated. Now does that mean it is silver plate? I know of a gold and silver buyer shop that is currently buying silver plate.

Thanks

Electroplating is an electrochemical process in which a microscopically thin layer of pure silver is deposited onto the surface of a base metal. So, yes, it’s silver plate.

Thanks again

Mr. Beno