Unidentified hallmarks on a Georgian(?) soup ladel.

I would be very grateful if somebody could help me to identify the hallmarks on, what I believe to be, a Georgian soup ladel. The artefact has been in our family possession for many years (we came from Scotland) but has only recently come into my possession.

The only mark that I can identify is that, possibly, of a maker, James Young (I Y), registered in London in 1766 and there is a clear point between each letter that matches the example I have compared it with. There appears to be a Taurus symbol that, co-incidentally, my research says may identify silver of Norwegian origins from 1766. However, the example I found did not compare with this Taurs (if that is what it is) in it’s detail.

I’m no expert and, otherwise, at a total loss.

Thanks for your help.
JB
P1000411.jpg

As an addendum to my post, I have not discounted the idead that the hallmarks are forgeries but I simply do not know. It is possible they originate in India as my grandparents lived in Bengal during the early part of the 20th. century. In all honesty, I wonder if it is even composed of silver.

Thanks very much for your help.
John Bruce
P1000412.jpg

Sorry, I cannot identify these marks, but I can say with absolute certainty that they are not British. Maybe Chinese export pseudo-marks?

Dear Moderator,

Thank you very much for your reply. It confirms what I believed, the hallmarks are, “certainly… not British”. The ladel has a provenance that dates back in our family to the 1920’s. I think I’ll take to the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham where I know the metal can be identified.

Thank you again.
John Bruce