Help figuring out marking on British serving piece

I know absolutely nothing about silver, but I am trying to learn. My mom inherited a set of silver serving pieces from her mom, who got them from my great grandma, who came from England when she was either 16 or 18 I believe. All I know is that the box that my grandma put the pieces in, she wrote 1896 on it.

So I don’t know what the marks mean. By googling for hours, I figured out EP means electro plated, but that’s about it.

The first picture is a close up of the piece from the back. It looks gold, but really I didn’t know how to photograph silver correctly.

The second picture is the knife itself (if that’s what it is)

I’m sorry the pictures aren’t great. I read the sticky on how to photograph silver after my dad had already left to take the set home to my mome
silver marking 1.jpg
silver marking 2.jpg

Yes, EP means electroplate, so this is not silver. Your picture of the mark shows the main lettering upside down. This reads T B & S S and stands for the manufacturer, Thomas Bradbury & Sons of Sheffield. Dating electroplate is difficult so I cannot get much closer than the latter half of the 19th century.

As to what it actually is, you do not give any sizes, but if it is around 8 inches long or larger then it is a fish serving knife. It should have a companion fork with more than the usual complement of tines.