NYC silver trip

My wife & I are off to New York tomorrow for our annual silver trip and will return next week. If any of you that visit here know of a “special shop” we should visit, please let me know by email, royvictor@cox.net or via my cell phone, 225 937 1319.

Uncle Vic

We are back, had a great time in NYC. Silver prices have gone through the roof here in the US, due in part to the rising price of raw silver (today, some $15.50/oz), and mostly the weakness of the US dollar. You folks in other countries with money that is worth something need to come to the USA and get bargains on antiques and silver.

Our usual fine silver shops had us priced out of the market. We hawked the flea markets and got a few good deals, but not many. The best NYC flea market for silver (and overall the one we rate tops) is the Greenflea market, Sunday only, on Columbus Ave. on the upper west side. Very nice, with lots of indoor and outdoor vendors.

We ate very well, saw a lot of really fine silver, and even though it was cold (for us from the South) it was a great time to be in NYC.

Uncle Vic