Information on Teaspoon bought in a second hand shop

I recently bought this interesting shaped teaspoon in a secondhand? opportunity shop here in Australia and was hoping someone could help me with some information about it.

I bought it because of its odd shape and the fact that it had a shamrock on the tip of it.

Is it a teaspoon or does it have another name and I am hoping that some kind person can also help decipher the marks which appear on back of the handle. I tried looking on google but had no idea where to start. It was a bit overwhelming. I don’t even know what country it is from.

Thank you for any help or information
2.jpg

Your spoon is a preserve spoon (for jam, marmalade, etc). It is electroplate (I hope you didn’t think it was silver) and was made by Christopher Johnson & Co of Sheffield. It is not possible to date electroplate accurately but it is from the first half of the 20th century.

Thank you so much for your fast reply.
No, I didn’t think it was silver. I knew it could possibly be plated or silver I didn’t know how to tell on this spoon, that is why I asked the questions. I also wanted to know what exact type of spoon it was because of its unusual shape. Which I am thrilled to know :smiley: :