www.silver-collector.com
ask questions to antique silver experts
homeHome    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   

Silver Collector is now Closed

Its been a good run but these days there are more active forums for silver collectors.
If you need help reading silver marks we recommend you visit 925-1000

Thanks to everyone who's contibuted over the years, especially our fantastic moderators.

Paterna & Livi - Hammered Sterling Artwork

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Home -> What's it worth? -> Paterna & Livi - Hammered Sterling Artwork

mook15ebay

Posted: 09/06/2016 
Post subject: Paterna & Livi - Hammered Sterling Artwork

Hello, I'm looking for thoughts on exactly what I have here and the value. Found in a junk store. I have two pieces of artwork made from sterling. Based on my research, here's what I found. Each piece represents a different scene of the artwork painting of Roesler Franz. (Ettore Roesler Franz - 11 May 1845 26 March 1907 was an Italian painter and photographer of German origin) The pictures I'm attaching here show one of them, the silversmith's marks, and the signature.

The framed picture measures 18 x 16 x 2. The sterling silver 3D scene measures approx. 8" x 6". The makers marks trace back to Paterna & Livi, a mid century Italian silversmith. (Firenze,Italy) Each piece is marked,: * 336 FI 925 R 16 + 20g. The letter R on each is inside of a square. I have not been able to determine who signed the pieces.

Appreciate any insight.....thank you. Specifically, 1) am I correct on the silversmith? 2) What does the letter R inside the square mean? 3) Does 16+20g mean 16 ounces plus 20 grams of silver weight for each piece?

Description:

paterna.livi.signed.jpg

Description:

paterna.livi.art.jpg

Description:

paterna.livi.mark.jpg

Page 1 of 1 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: