www.silver-collector.com
ask questions to antique silver experts
homeHome    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   

Silver Collector is now Closed

Its been a good run but these days there are more active forums for silver collectors.
If you need help reading silver marks we recommend you visit 925-1000

Thanks to everyone who's contibuted over the years, especially our fantastic moderators.

I wanna pick yer brains a little

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Home -> The Bar -> I wanna pick yer brains a little

Bushmaster69

Posted: 14/09/2016 
Post subject: I wanna pick yer brains a little

Hi all, I have no where else to turn except to collectors who tend to know things no one else does sometimes.

I had a spoon that was larger than a typical soup spoon, but not near as big as a typical serving spoon. And It had slots in it. it was approximately 8 inches in length and the spoon portion was about 1-3/4 wide and 2-1/2 inches long, the shape was that of a typical tablespoon.

It was perfect for serving veggies at the table. Well, somehow it vanished, since my wife and kids deny any knowledge of what happened to it, I can only assume that it was abducted, possibly by aliens. Rolling Eyes

But seriously, finding a replacement for this spoon has been impossible. I did find a reference to a similar one that was supposedly a common spoon in Germany. I don't know if a spoon this size has a special name or not. Mine was stainless, though many years ago I spotted a silver version with a different pattern, it was the same size.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of spoon it was or where i might be able to get one of them. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Page 1 of 1 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: