IS THIS REAL?

HI EVERYONE. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME POSTING. REALLY HAVE THIS INTEREST IN BUYING AND SELLING SILVER AND I’M GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE TO HELP ME OUT.
I HAVE THIS SET OF OLD CANDLESTICKS I PICKED UP LAST WEEK CHEAP.
HERE’S WHAT I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THEM.
NON WEIGHTED…
QUITE HEAVY…
NON MAGNETIC…
VERY SOFT METAL…
TO ME …LOOKS LIKE FINE SILVER…
NO MARKINGS…
BOTTOM COVERS ARE MISSING…
I TOOK A KNIFE AND SCORRED THE INSIDE OF THE BASE AND COULD ACTUALLY TAKE VERY SMALL SLICES WITH EASE. UNDERNEATH THE SLICES WAS JUST AS SHINNY AS THE TOP LAYER. I REALLY THINK THEY ARE STERLING OR FINE BUT JUST DON’T KNOW. I REALLY WISH THE BOTTOM COVERS WEREN’T MISSING, MAYBE THATS WHERE THE HALLMARKS WERE?
ANYWAY, THESE ARE 12" PLUS TALL AND 5’ WIDE AT THE BASE. THANX TO ALL…
anyone know who made these and if they are real or not?
009.JPG

HERE IS ANOTHER PIC OF THE BOTTOM
012.JPG

WHAT A GREAT SITE…YOU CAN POST A QUESTION AND HAVE 100 PEOPLE VIEW IT AND NOT ONE FRIGGIN PERSON HAS ANYTHING TO SAY! THATS REAL HELPFUL. BOY AM I GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE. WAIT, I BET NOW THAT I WROTE THIS A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY,…BLAH,BLAH,BLAH…THANX FOR THE HELP/ADVICE EVERYONE…NOT :imp:

how do you expect us to help you when the item is, according to you, completely unmarked?

Ditto Jonathan…we answer any legitimate question - and in fact, many of us go to considerable trouble to research and do so - but no marks, no answers. This is a serious silver website, not a crystal ball…the fact that you can scrape your items and get “silver” metal means nothing more than it may be aluminum, pewter, etc…silver has marks.

Won’t ruin my week if you have, as we say in the South, a hissy-fit over it.

Bon soire,

Uncle Vic

HEY LOOK…69 VIEWS AND STILL NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING…I LOVE THIS PLACE. IT’S LIKE GOING TO WALMART.

NO MARK…NO ANSWER SAID UNCLE VIC…
IF I HAD A MARK…WHAT THE HELL WOULD I BE DOING HERE?

Investigating marks is exactly what this website is about.

Without any markings, your piece is almost certainly not silver. However, you could very easily buy a silver testing kit and find out for yourself.

If you can’t be polite, please just don’t use our forum. And if you want to continue using the forum, may I suggest that you write in lower case.

Regards

Jonathan

‘Bigfred’ ought to know that he should not post anything using only uppercase letters. It’s the equivalent of ‘shouting’ and is actually more difficult to read than normal upper & lower case - presumably he is new to texting, emailing and the use of the internet? His manner doesn’t deserve an answer, even if anyone knew it!

I can assure you that it is not silver.
But nickel silver or new silver. A product that has nothing to do with silver.
If they were mine I would test with asid - just to confirm my findings.
best wishes.