Sorley Teapot Glasgow

Hi there,
Could anyone help me with these silver marks, please?
I have found this wonderful silver teapot but am having trouble identifying the marks. My silver hallmark book describes the Glasgow hallmark as a tree with a bird on top, a bell hanging from a lower branch and the trunk crossed with a fish.

As can be seen from the photos attached my teapot has the Sorley Glasgow mark but the imprint is RF E & Co L. There is also an arrowhead at the top of the base and a strange ‘boomerang’ or dotted A in the bottom of the base. Could these relate to hallmarks?

Unfortunately the beautifully crafted wickerwork covered handle has come away from it’s anchor point on one side. There is a brassy sheen over the pot but when this was polished in a small patch this became a solid silver colour with the dark indents.

I hope the pictures are clear enough. I can put some with closeups of any of the marks if needed.

Any information would be most appreciated. A search online did throw up goldsmiths with the name Robert & William Sorley in late 19th early 20th century but the silvermarks do not match.
DSCN0023sm.JPG
DSCN0021sm.JPG
DSCN0018sm.JPG

Well, I’m afraid to say that your teapot is not silver. Its also not a teapot! Its a kettle and is missing the stand and burner, which it would have stood upon.

Its a shame because its a nice example of Victorian naturalistc design.

Regards, Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,
Well that’s a shame, as you say.
We weren’t sure. It s hard to find information on marks like this.
Thank you for your help and is there any interest in this sort of thing?
Regards