Does anyone know what these hallmarks mean???? PLEASE!

Anyone know what these are used for? And who is the maker?
I couldn’t find the this hallmark anywhere online.
Thanks!
spoonandfork2.jpg

Here is the picture of the actual item. What are they used for?
Thanks!
spoonandfork.jpg

Hi there, Maylug. Probably American since it carries the word “sterling”. I can’t quite make out the maker’s mark - could you get a close up of it? Or just describe it. According to my flatware book the set is probably a baked potato serving set or a relish set.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Hi Uncle Vic! Thanks for your help… here is a clearer more up close picture of the mark. Thanks!
Sterlingunknown1.jpg

Appears to be the mark of the Baltimore Silversmiths Mfg. Co. founded in Baltimore in 1903 by Frank M. Schofield. The name of the company was changed to Schofield Co. shortly thereafter. Through several name changes the mark remained mostly unchanged. The company was bought by the Stieff Co. in 1967. Schofield made sterling flatware and holloware. You might find the pattern at www.replacements.com

Regards,

Uncle Vic

WOW HUGE HELP!!! YOU ARE SO RIGHT, I DID FIND IT ON THE WEBSITE! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION!!!
May

Glad to help, May. What is the pattern name?

Uncle Vic

Pattern is called La Rochelle and is from 1895.

Hope it has some good value, would you happen to know?
Thanks!

Based on the asking prices for that pattern at Replacements, Inc. I’d say the set is worth $75-100.

Uncle Vic

To see all of the SCHOFIELD marks, and examples of the patterns… please visit my site, THESTIEFFCOMPANY.COM Stieff bought Schofield in 1967 and kept the pattern available until 1977 when they were discontinued. At the site, look for the section on SCHOFIELD silver.

Scott,

Your site deserves a full link. Interested visitors are therefore directed to:

thestieffcompany.com/

Hi Scott,
What a fantastic site.
Especially the ‘How Silverware Is Made/Factory Photos’ section, where the actual personel are named as well.
Well done, so glad you posted this.
Regards
John