www.silver-collector.com
ask questions to antique silver experts
homeHome    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   

Silver Collector is now Closed

Its been a good run but these days there are more active forums for silver collectors.
If you need help reading silver marks we recommend you visit 925-1000

Thanks to everyone who's contibuted over the years, especially our fantastic moderators.

Questions about a fork

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Home -> What is it? -> Questions about a fork

sharonjean07

Posted: 17/04/2008 
Post subject: Questions about a fork

My grandparents recently passed and I was given a few things. One being just a single fork, I *think* it's silver, or silver plated maybe, I'm not sure. I don't care for the worth of it or anything. Mainly cuase I'm curious of how old it may be, and who made it. There's obviously some reason my grandma held on to it all this time, may be because someone she loved gave it to her or something. I haven't cleaned it up yet, so please forgive the look of it. I looked up the name on the back of the fork and came up with 0 results. The name on the fork is Anette Silvore. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you Smile

Post subject: re: Questions about a fork

eeek...Sorry, after looking at alot of the other items on here I've seen that most have hallmarks if they are silver. This one just has a company name. So maybe it's not very old at all? Has anyone ever even heard of Annette Silvore?

Post subject: re: Questions about a fork

Well, I guess when all else fails look on Ebay lol.... I finally found something else made from the company. Still unsure of a possible age though, and if it is silver plate or anything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-ANNETTE-SILVORE-Silverplate-Butter-Knife_W0QQitemZ280020606172QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2216QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Page 1 of 1 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to: