Fish Server Set George III 1817 Ornately Carved Ivory Handle

On Fish Server: overall: 13.75 inches; ivory handle: 5.25 inches
On Matching Fork (very sharp!): overall 11.75 inches, handle: 4 inches
tag attached with string says: B Silverman, London Silver Vaults
Geo III, London Hallmark, and it looks like a “1” below that.
What is it worth? Where would I best go to sell it?
Thank you,

5511  E 101.jpg
5511  E 100.jpg

Hi there,
Presuming the hallmarks confirm the date your set is quite valuable. I’ve seen similar, though later, sets (cased) in auction in the UK go for around £300-500, By extension they would probably retail at close to £650-750+. As I said the sets I’ve seen were mid-Victorian and later (c 1860-1920).
I’m not sure what English silver fetches in the USA but a reputable auction house should be able to give you a reasonable auction estimate.
You might contact B Silverman as a first try. I don’t think they are in the London Silver Vaults now but they are in London. They might offer to buy them (back?). I can dig out their contact details if you need.
An international auction house such as Sotheby/Bonham/Christie will give a good idea as to whether it would be possible to sell them at an auction in the UK if that would realise a better price.
On a personal note I have my own website and I would be prepared to include your set on my site on a modest commission basis please email me at silverinfo@tiscali.co.uk if you are interested in discussing that option.
Is the set cased? The original case will enhance the value.
Also if you can post a picture of the hallmarks since the maker/sponsor may be important.
Hope this has helped.
Regards,
Tony