Cheese couvert

Good evening
I am really battling to send a new posting to your website so I am going to try sending it without the photo attached.
I have a silver piece which i was told is called a cheese couvert. But I cannot find anything like that name anywhere.
The item has the following markings underneath.

A trumpet
James Dixon & Sons

Can anyone please tell me what the correct name is for this item.

Hi Helen,
I’m not sure what a cheese couvert is either! Your piece is Pewter, made by James Dixon and Sons, post 1876 (this was when the trumpet mark was introduced). The EPBM stands for Electro Plated Brittania Metal (a form of pewter).

Without seeing a pic of the item i’m afraid I can’t tell you what it is.