Goldsmith & Silversmiths fork mid 1700's

I inherited some silver from my grandmother and among it found a fork with G&S C on the back…after doing some research I believe it was made in London around the mid to late 1700’s by Goldsmiths & Silversmiths company. I tried to research and see what a piece of this time frame and maker would be worth but have had no luck. It says my pictures are too big.

let’s see if the re size will post…

oh well it won’t let me post a picture even with resizing it to 500x500. Anyone able to help even without picture?..Fork is very basic, a little large with very little decoration. Back is stamped with what looks like an upside down roman numeral IV , then individual rectangles containing the letters G&S C then the crown. The best i can tell from the charts of font for each period, the font seems to match with what was being used in London during the mid 1700’s. Thanks and sorry about the pic…?

Without a picture it’s not possible to be 100% certain, but judging from your description you have a piece of electroplate rather than silver. This would date from the late 19th or early 20th century as this was the period when Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co was active. The upside down Roman numeral IV is probably A1 - often seen on electroplate.