Horn Fork and Knife set

My father has a fork and knife set with the handles made out of some type of tooth or tusk with silver between the handle and blade. The markings on the knife read SB over HB with the crown, the lion and the uppercase letter M. The fork is the same except with the uppercase letter R instead of M. Upon doing some research I found that the silver was crafted by Samuel Biggin and Son of Sheffield, England. Can anyone tell me when these were made and the difference between the letter M and R? Thank you
100_2010.jpg
100_2004.jpg
100_2011.jpg

I would agree with the well known ferrule maker, Samuel Biggin & Son (Samuel Biggin & Herbert Henry Biggin), although It may be my eyes, but I think the date letters are the lower case ‘m’ of 1904/5 with lower case ‘k’ of 1902/3.
Anyone else concur?
Regards
John

That makes sense now, thank you for the observation

[quote=“tomnik”]
I would agree with the well known ferrule maker, Samuel Biggin & Son (Samuel Biggin & Herbert Henry Biggin), although It may be my eyes, but I think the date letters are the lower case ‘m’ of 1904/5 with lower case ‘k’ of 1902/3.
Anyone else concur?
Regards
Jo

May be your right… 8)

A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a defense pepper spray.