Master Butter Knife or Fish Server?

I think this is either a Master butter knife/spreader or it may be a fish server? This was made by a Edward Farrell. The information card that came with this has the date of 1820 made in London England. On the card says butter knife/spreader but I am seeing other pictures online that are shaped a lot like this and they call them a fish server. Anybody know for sure which?
knife 2.jpg
knife 1.jpg

Hi Mic,

It looks like a butter knife…they are generally much smaller than fish slices (servers). Fish slices also generally had pierced blades to let the juices run through when serving.

A nice piece.


Thanks Ben :smiley: