Need help on the going price for this spoon..

[size=150]Hello could anyone tell me what this mauser spoon is used for and what it is worth? I was going to sell it on ebay, I don’t see another one like it so I don’t know what to start the starting bid with. Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated…[/size]
spoon2.jpg
spoon.jpg

Hi there and thanks for joining us. Very nice spoon by my favorite US maker. How long is it, and what does it weigh? And a close up photo of the marks, please. That will help us give you a ball park range.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Hi Vic Thanks for the fast response.
The spoon weighs 2.0 oz and is 4 1/2 inches long. the backs son the handle says Stertling PAT Mauser M.F.G on the the the mouth of the spoon it says 50PAT. The mark on the spoon looks like a rocking horse???

Hi Monica…the “rocking horse” is Mauser’s trademark, the unicorn, but it does look like a rocking horse. Mauser was in business in NY from 1887 until 1903 and made sterling flat and holloware of superior quality. Your spoon is not a common, garden variety item and has substantial collector value above its mere metal value. I’d venture it to be worth $150 to the right collector.

Regards,

Uncle Vic