Sterling English Claret Jug

I have a sterling English Claret jug with the Leopards head without the crown. The company initials are H W & Co LD with the lareg letter U. Can anyone help me identify the company and year please? I have seen a similar jug hallmarked in Birmingham by Collings and Wallace.

Thanks Nikki!

Hi Nikki,
Firstly try not to post questions like this in photographing silver, it helps everyone if things are posted in their correct place.

The claret jug was made in London (the leopards head) in 1895 (the U) by Horace Woodward & Co ltd. Their mark was first registered in 1893, and the last mention of them I can find is from around 1905.

Thanks for using silver-collector.com
All the best
Daniel

Many thanks for the quick reply to my Claet Jug question. I do apologise for posting the question and photo in the incorrect place.

Regards
Nikki

Daniel,

With regards to the claret jug would you be able to give an estimate of the value?

Many thanks for your help,
Nikki

Hi Nikki, Its no troubles,

I would think a replacement value would be around £1500-£1750 (GBP).

This would depend on the condition of the glass, if the glass is original, and of course the condition of the silver.

Best regards
Daniel

Thank you Daniel,

Redards
Nikki

is it possible to make the pic visible ?
greetings tom

Hi Tom,
I am having troubles getting the pic back, I will get Jonathan to have a look next time he has a chance.

All the best
Daniel

Good morning Tom,

I have received this e-mail but not sure why?

I cannot see a text to reply to.

Many thanks
Nicola McMartin

Good morning Tom,

I received this message but not sure what I am replying to. I cannot find a text to reply.

Many thanks
Nicola McMartin