Who Else?

Hi All in the Bar

Just thought I’d ask. Who else, besides me, becomes irratated when you go to ebay and see, “‘Sterling’ silver plated” advertisied?

I wish that they would respect the Laws of Physics :slight_smile:

I’ll have another scotch now and leave the bar.

Cheers
John

Count me in. I sometimes wonder whether it’s just ignorance or whether it’s meant to deceive. And don’t get me started on those who claim solid silver and show clear pictues of “hallmarks” which are quite clearly electroplate…

Guys, my take is about 50-50 ignorance vs. deception. Since none of us knew anything about silver (not to mention everyting else) when we started out, remember that deception is a learned vice, ignorance is not.

With that earthy pronouncement off my chest, I’m just suffering through the next week and a half before I take my son and son-in-law marlin fishing with me in the beautiful Republic of Panama. We are going to the Tropic Star Lodge for a week, this will be my 4th trip down there. Tough duty, but someone has to do it?

www.tropicstar.com

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Uncle Vic, do you need someone to be your fishing rod carrier? :wink:

John - sure, hop aboard…but the place is 150 miles from the nearest road, so don’t miss the plane in! Its in the Darien rain forest on the Pacific coast down by the Columbia border and it rains a lot…or as the South African manager told a lady once who was complaining about the weather…“Madam, it DOES rain in the rain forest”.

Uncle Vic

BTW Uncle Vic

I don’t mind ‘wetting a line’ myself. May not be marlin but great fun. Have a look at my website at johnluck.net and have a look at the ‘canoe’ pages.

Cheers
John

John - nice website (you have a comma in address instead of a dot, but I figured it out). I sent you an email but it must have gotten lost??? Shoot me one and I’ll send some boat pix. royvictor@cox.net

Uncle Vic