Antique Persian / Indian tea set. What's it worth?ss

I previously posted these objects under “identification”, asking for relevant information before purchase. Regardless, I bought the set as I would not risk a potential coup to other hands.

I am uncertain about its origin and value, but I have found and received some information that might help to identify its value, age, and origin. It is a handcrafted and hand-carved silver-plated copper set, with all parts stamped “355” (top-left-right) or “535” (left - right), though I am not sure what value it refers to. I believe the design is of either Persian or Indian origin/tradition, of which the teapot spout has carved paisley drops on each side (Persian origin). Concerning age and value, I found some notes inside the bowl documenting a previous sale dated 10th of October 1977 at Oslo Marsjandiseforetning (Former Antique/Vintage store in Oslo, Norway) for 1100 NOK, which by today’s standards amounts to ca. 6300 NOK or 610 dollars / 560 euro / 480 pounds. The set remains in great condition, with no serious damage noticed - just patina as you’d expect. Notably, the local store I bought it from is run by retired elders who are stationed voluntarily and were admittedly clueless about the background or true value of the set. Similarly, there’s no guarantee that the 1977 price was representative or based on accurate knowledge.

Would highly appreciate any information that may help to indicate a potential price range, hoping I’ve made a good deal. Additional information about its origin, age, or further background is also of great interest. Massive thanks to all for your time and attention.

Yours sincerely,
Norwegian Antique Hunter. K.M.

I have a theory, perhaps they are made of 35.5% silver, which would represent 355. Here in Brazil there were some coins from the 1920s that were made of 500% silver and that over time acquired a copper color in some places and in an inattentive look think it is a waste of bath. Another thing is that I recently acquired a Chinese vase that has some spots of copper color, but it is silver and its percentage must be below 500, because compared to the coins I mentioned previously, I see less signs of silver in the acid. I suggest testing on stone and acid to see the results.

I remembered one more thing, the style seems a bit like the Ottoman Empire and I collect coins and I remembered that there are their coins with a very low percentage of silver, like this item I have in my collection which is 220 silver. If you look at the coin, he thinks it is a copper coin and never a silver coin.

Thanks for the tip! I also realised it could be 5-3-5, if you read it from left to right, instead of top - left - right (as seen in pic. 1). However, I even find 35.5% to be strange as it is only silver-plated. The 535 or 355 could also be a pattern number I reckon.

That is an interesting alternative. Yet, the spout seems to be designed as a ‘snake’, which I believe to be more common in the Indian tradition. Still, the top of the lid seems to represent a poppy, and I reckon opium was an important asset for trade and consumption within the Ottoman Empire. This further supports my swift research of Ottoman tea sets, which are frequently designed with similar poppy-topped lids. However, the poppy occurs on tea sets in various traditional/cultural designs.

I really suggest you scratch it on the stone and do the acid test, if it comes back positive for silver, scratch it with an item that you know the percentage of and compare the presence of silver. This vase that I show in the photo, which is silver below 500, I believe to be 400 or 300 silver, old and from China.