Armada and ship

Hi
this is my first post, so I hope very much if anyone can help
I have 2 pairs of salt and pepper shakers that have hallmarks of the word “Armada” on the base it and a 2 masted sailing ship, and well as EPNS. I have been unable to locate any reference to Armada anywhere; or the sailing ship. It also has what maybe a makers mark of AI.
The marks are on the former Orient Shipping Line shakers.

thanks
BW
Armada 1.jpg

Hello BW -

Your salt and pepper shakers are silverplate, EPNS meaning Electro-Plated Nickel Silver. A1 is a term used indicate the highest quality of silverplate produced by that manufacturer, usually indicating a heavier coating of silver.

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the manufacturer of your set, perhaps someone will come along with better references for silverplate. These marks look English to me, rather than American, but I’m not certain. Hopefully this will at least get you started in the right direction!

Lisa

Here is a further photo of one of 4 salt and pepper shakers I have with a ship and Armada hallmark. I have been told that the scroll work at the top is perhaps Spanish in origin. But I have not been able to find any reference to the design of the scroll, or the sailing ship hallmark or the Armada hallmark. Any help is gratefully accepted.
BW
tmpphpa9QrkY[1].jpg

I have this Armada Art Deco letter holder. Same markings, I brought in Australia. Quality silver plate, on brass it would seem. A very nice piece, in very good condition. I can’t find anything about the maker / brand either.

This manufacturer still doesn’t come up in any searches for a name but I have found another example of the mark, this time in an Ebay auction for a serving dish from an Australian user. Maybe it’s Australian?

Phil