Can't ID Tower W Crown hallmarks

Can’t seem to find this mark…it’s on a silver plate serving dish.
Thanks
SANY0182.JPG

@glennseiler Greetings! I have found a like item. Did you ever find anything out about this mark? Or your item? Appreciate it thanks!

Any luck on this? I have one similar and am stumped.

Did you ever find anything out about your silver piece with the castle, crown and flowers? I have a serving piece with the exact same markings. I am stumped.

Hello,
I just joined this group and saw that you have a piece with the exact Hallmarks.
I too am stumped to its origin and whether or not its Plated or Sterling as my piece, is very dirty at the moment, doesnt show any signs of a base metal.
Wondered if you found any information you’d be willing to share with me & group as to what you may have discovered?
This piece has been stored since the mid 60’s and just came across it while cleaning out my parents home. Both of them avid collectors of precious items as we are findi g them Everywhere. :laughing:

This has definitely been identified as an electroplate mark but the identity of the manufacturer has still not been ascertained.

Phil

I have found a plate with these marks as well, I cannot find any information on it. Has anyone got it figured out yet? Approximate year? Also my plate has a seam down the middle on one side (not the back) Wonder if it had a divider that fell off.

It’s still a mystery.

Could it be Charles S Beller? Look at his cigarette stand marks. Someone on another forum mentioned him, he lived in brooklyn 1950s

Charles S Beller looks a very likely candidate. A Google search has popped up a couple of completed auctions for a cracker holder and a cigarette stand on Etsy and Ebay both of which show the mark in question and attributed to Beller. The cigarette stand is patented as USD158833S. To be completely sure about the attribution we need to see a definite link.

1 Like

It looks like Charles S Beller is the patentee of the cigarette stand but not the manufacturer. In the 1950 US Census there is a Charles S Beller, aged 38, living in Ocean Avenue, Kings, New York. His occupation is given as Attorney working in his own business. I think we need to continue searching for the manufacturer.

1 Like

Not sure if you seen this or if it will help:

https://patents.google.com/patent/USD158833S/en

I’m looking also. Haven’t been able to find a thing on this.

Im pretty sure it came from New York 1950-60s maybe the manufacturer used one mark than switched to this one. Since they are so similar. If Beller made cigarette stand in New York, wonder who manufactured his creation.

I think that I have established above that Beller is unlikely to have been a manufacturer. We know he designed the cigarette stand but the search is still on for the company which took up his design along with the other creations which bear the mark in question.

Phil

I’m rather new to all of this. Are all silver markings registered somehow or somewhere? I thought sure I’d get answers with this silver forum and it’s group of experts. Are there other resources we could be checking?

There is no universal requirement for silver marks to be registered. Those countries with a formal hallmarking system such as France, Germany, UK, etc require marks to be registered but other countries such as USA do not.

That is for silver. Here, though we are talking about electroplate and, as far as I know, there is nowhere in the world which requires registration of marks.