does anyone know what maker B & C is?

there are a bunch of marks on this spoon that I simply cannot find anywhere. I know the EP inside the oval mean electroplate but I’m still curious as to the other marks and the origin of the spoon.
first mark is a capital A inside a square.
second mark is the elusive B & C inside an oval.
third is a chess bishop shape inside a squared octagon
fourth is an S inside a shield
last is the EP inside an oval.
I’ve tried all I can think of to find the spoons origins but can’t find these hallmarks in any of the usual places.
I found this spoon buried in the back garden of a home I recently purchased. Like my own little archeological find. LOL
any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tina
The forum won’t let me add attachments or I would add a picture of the hallmarks. My picture is small enough. Not sure what’s up.

Here is the picture.

I cannot put a name to B&C but this looks like a typical electroplate mark. It may very well be a Sheffield manufacturer as they often used an “S” to indicate their town. “A” would be an indication of plating quality (not as good as A1, but better than B).
IMG_0164[2].JPG

Thank you so much!!
So how come it won’t work for me. I just tried it again and still nothing. I don’t even get an error message.
Oh well, I guess it’s just my bad luck.
So, now that you can see the marks, do you have any ideas??

there is a fleur de lis pattern with what looks like the back ends of arrows sticking out of the top…on the front of the spoon. I guess that’s the silverware pattern?
again, I tried to add a picture and the link just disappeared from the field and I got no error msg. Sigh.
Perhaps I can get the moderator to do another favour for me? I’m emailing you the picture now.
IMG_0166.JPG

This is probably a family emblem added by the owner.

thank you for posting the picture for me. Again. :slight_smile:
Do you know of any database or book where i can find family crests like the one above? Do you think the whole set had this pattern?

I’m sure the whole set would have had the crest but I don’t know where you can find it online. Maybe somebody else has some suggestions?

thank you for all your help

Fairbairn has a PDF online book of crests of the families of Great Britain and Ireland. However, it’s a long trawl by description to find any conclusion (if any!). Although some slight masochistic pleasure might be found in the research (educationally!)
archive.org/details/fairbairnsbookof01fair

Good luck
Regards
John