Dutch hallmarks on ornate frame 1835 or 1935?

Could somebody help me decipher this mark please, I can usually work them out but today at a boot sale I picked up a pretty frame fitted with domed glass, The casting isnt great and obviously wasnt sold as silver, but when I got it home I found three tiny marks hidden in the metal work. One I think is a lion(but not one I recognize) the second is a head and the third looks like an upside down y. The domed glass is also quite impure with bubbles etc. Any help even to tell me its fake would be very much appreciated. I have added a photo but 500 pixels isnt really enough to see the marks properly

many thanks

Adam
frame.jpg

I think they are Dutch silver marks judging from the style of the lion and the Minerva head duty mark. You could continue your research at 925-1000.com; note the link on that page to a Dutch makers’ mark site.

Thank you for replying Ill go and do that and report back.

many thanks

Adam

That was really useful thank you. I am pretty sure it is dutch and I am pretty sure that is an A but not sure whether its an 1835 A or a 1935 A. Does any body I can ask for sure? would it help if I added a photo of the whole frame? Is it important that the piece hasnt been finished very well?

thank you for your time

regards

Adam

That was really useful thank you. I am pretty sure it is dutch and I am pretty sure that is an A but not sure whether its an 1835 A or a 1935 A. Does any body I can ask for sure? would it help if I added a photo of the whole frame? Is it important that the piece hasnt been finished very well?

thank you for your time

regards

Adam