fish knife set hallmark help please!!!!

hello, I am very new to this and need some help please. This is the first thing I have bought and would appreciate some help identifying the hallmarks. It is a fish knife set with the following marks on the knives A&D, an S with what looks like a line through it and and hourglass. Can anybody tell me a little about this please. Also the forks do not have these markings but they do have the same pattern as the knives.Looking forward to hearing from you thankyou in advance emma
Copy of PICT2922.JPG
PICT3355.JPG

Hi Emma, thanks for joining us on silver-collector.com.
Sorry for the late reply, but I had to do a bit of research to un-earth your marks. Your fish set is silver plated, not solid silver, and the mark A & D S with the hourglass next to it is that of Charles James Allen & Sidney Darwin, who were registered in Sheffield, and were working from around 1880. The mark on your knives is their later mark, which was registered in 1893, so your set would have been made around then.

The forks will be made by the same company, and it is no surprise that they are not marked the same as the knives, as this was often the case. The reason for this is simply that there is a lot more room to mark the knives than the forks!

All in all it is a very pretty antique set of fish eaters.

Hope this helps
Best regards
Daniel Franks

thankyou so much for replying and the work you put into finding out what they are, very much appreciated, thanks emma