Food Warmer Burner

Hello. I have just bought (in France) a silver plate food warmer manufactured by the Sheffield Silver Company New York. It has 3 burners. 2 of the burners have wicks, the third is missing.

I just can’t work out how to open the burners to a) repair them and b) fill them. The tops do not appear to unscrew. I have attached a photo of one of the burners. Hoping someone can help.

Should I work out how to repair I would also be interested to know what to fill the burners with.

Thanks
IMG_4435.JPG

Hi there and thanks for joining us. The one in the photo appears to be threaded where it enters the container. Try warming the burner in your oven at a low temp, say 200 degrees, then grab the top and container with gloves and try to unscrew the top. The threads probably have many years of residue in them and the heat may release it.

Normally denatured alcohol is used in those type burners.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Hello Uncle Vic.

I had tried placing the burner in boiling water but no luck. This morning I put it in the oven for 20 mins and that did the trick.

Thank you very much for your help. I thought my purchase was going to turn into a white elephant!

Thank you again.

Chris.