I’ve just acquired what I understood to be a small Georgian sterling silver pot. (The hallmarks are so small that taking a photo is beyond me at present, but I’m working on it.)
From left to right just below the pot’s outer rim are the following:
- JS (I assume maker’s mark).
- lion (impossible to tell which way head is facing). Shield: 3 “curves” on top side and one on bottom side.
- possibly a small gothic “b”. Shield: Corners chopped off at top and bottom edges, plus serrated 2/3 “curves” along bottom side.
- capital “F”. Shield: Oval.
- (possibly) leopard’s head. Shield: Three “curves” on top side, sides narrowing to join up at base.
Apologies for the lack of picture, but I’d be really grateful for any hep and advice anyone could give me to identify the origin of this small pot.