Please visit our other websites: Ganoksin Jewelry Making Resource | Orchid Jewelry Making Forums | International Gem Society | IGS Gemstone and Gemology Forums

Silver Collector Forums

Help identifing marks on letter opener

Can someone please help identify the marks on this letter opener. The EP stamp, I’m assuming, tells me that it is electro plate. I was hoping the other marks will reveal maker, date & possibly region of origin.
Kind regards. IMG_2822 IMG_2857

Definitely electroplated and probably British - but that’s as far as I can go. The manufacturer’s mark does not seem to have been captured anywhere.

Phil

Thank you Phil for your comments. Much appreciated.
Cheers
Susan

Just a thought: electroplaters often included the initial letter of their city in their mark (B for Birmingham, S for Sheffield, etc). If that is a “D” then we might be looking at a Dublin manufacturer. Even more of a long shot, possibly John Morton Ltd, but I don’t know if they ever produced electroplate.

HI Phil,
That is very interesting. I took that mark to be a gothic character D. I shall do further research with this new information. If I may ask, do you have a possible date range when this was made?
Kind regards,
Susan

Yet another stab in the dark: 1st half of 20th century.

That’s great news Phil. Again, thank you for your input. Very helpful.
Kind regards,
Susan