Help solve a family mystery

BACKGROUND
These two spoons labelled spoon 1 and 2 have been passed-down to family members for at least four generations. My mother recently gave them to me. She remembers her grandmother in the 1940s in Geelong, Australia serving cream and jam with them over scones on a Sunday evening. Apparently the spoons were only brought out when guests arrived and the spoons were never mixed-up. That is - one was always used to serve jam and the other spoon was used to serve cream. Therefore I know that both spoons predate the 1940s.

I have attached a picture of both spoons and their respective hallmarks.

SPOON 1
Spoon 1 has the hallmark of ‘EPNS’ on the front of the main shaft (see image) and has no other hallmarks. I understand that EPNS means Electroplated Nickel Silver and the process of electroplating developed in the 1840s and getting an accurate date is difficult because there are no date letters stamped on the pieces. However there is a distinctive design on the piece that may assist dating.

SPOON 2
Spoon 2 has the hallmark of ‘D&A BENGAL’ on the rear of the top (see image) and has no other hallmarks. I understand that D&A BENGAL’ was a trademark of Daniel & Arter of Globe Nevada Silver Works, Highgate Street, Birmingham. Thomas H. Daniel and Thomas R. Arter made Nickle Silver Alloy spoons and around 1882 they started making silver and silverplate items.The firm was converted in 1920 into a limited liability company under the style ‘DANIEL & ARTER LTD’ AND The business closed in the 1930s. Spoon 2 is less decorative when compared to Spoon 1.

QUESTIONS
Acknowledging that both spoons predate the 1940s:

General - What type of spoons are they?

Spoon 1 - What is the approximate date for spoon 1? Where was spoon 1 manufactured? A distinctive design on the piece may assist answering both questions?

Spoon 2 - What is the approximate date for spoon 2? It appears that spoon 2 has the earlier D&A hallmark that places it before 1920s.

That’s it. Any assistance would be appreciated so that the above background story can be fleshed out a little and carried on to future generations. :smiley:
Spoon1Combined.JPG
Spoon2Combined.JPG

I can’t help with identification or dating, but your spoons are called preserve spoons; i.e. serving jam is their correct purpose.

Silvermakersmarks

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on how to date the spoons?

No, sorry. As you mention in your original post, electroplate is virtually impossible to date accurately. Anywhere from 1880 to 1920 is possible.