My boyfriend purchased this hip flask from a barware store in Los Angeles, but the shop owner didn’t know anything about it. The bottom of the flask is stamped with 8 arrows total (4 arrows crossing another 4 arrows) and “HUTTON SHEFFIELD 0215”
What I’ve been able to find out online:
- There was a Sheffield-based silversmith and plating company called William Hutton & Sons.
- William Hutton & Sons acquired Creswick & Co in 1902 and began to use their crossed arrows marks.
- William Hutton & Sons was absorbed by James Dixon & Sons in 1930.
What I’d like to know:
- Is this flask sterling silver? Silver-plated pewter?
- About what year is it from?
- About how much might it be worth?
Thanks in advance!!