Identify silver amrks

Identifying Silver Marks

Can anyone help identify these marks?
I believe this is quite old. Marks on handles of silver serving spoons that come with a ceramic bowl with silver rim
Thanks you for any help

Sorry, you will need to try again with your picture. It is too distorted to make anything meaningful out of it. It would probably help if you cleaned the marks and then re-photographed them to get them in focus. Note that a small in-focus picture is much more useful than one which is large, blurred and out-of-focus. You could also perhaps describe what you think you can see.

Phil

1 Like

I have tried to get a better photo. Does this help with identification. The mark is on a spoon which is part of Wedgwood type bowel that has roman soldier’s charriors and horses with similar handles on spoon and fork. The bowel has a silver rim but no marks. Was inherited and was told it was quite old but I have no idea if valuable or not. I thought trying to identify marks would be a good start. Only some scratched markings in bowl no makers stamp that I can make out. Any help appreciated

Yes, that helps enormously. This is an electroplate mark of Atkin Brothers of Sheffield (Harry, Edward and Frank Atkin). The mark on the right in your picture is EP (electroplate) over A (a plating quality indicator).

Phil

Thank you so much. Can it be dated from these marks? It might also help identify the age of the bowl.
Sam

No, dating is not possible with electroplate, except very broadly - late 19th, early 20th century would be about right.

Thank you for your help
Best regards
Sam