large silver serving tray

any info on this tray would be very helpful. thank you! it seems to be the top part of something , perhaps a warming tray , as there are broken welds on all 4 curners underneath the piece.It is approx. 18"x25" not including the handles. also has a crown emblem and 4 stamps underneath but i cannot photo them cause they are too small.
002.JPG
001.JPG

Hi there Bobby and thanks for joining us. It looks like a conventional serving tray to me? See if you can describe the marks on the rear and perhaps we can identify it further.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

hi uncle vic , thanks for your reply. what i have done is drew a picture of the crown in paint and also copied what i believe is the closest calligraphic stamps that are on the undersida of this tray. thanks for your time!!!
silver platter stamps.jpg

Thanks, Bobby. Probably the mark of the Crown Silver Plate Co. of Toronto, about 1915.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

thank you very much uncle vic!! i have another previous posting i was wondering if you can take a look at. it is about 20 postings prior to this one marked “identifying this item would be priceless” , i would appreciate it , thanks :slight_smile: