Thanks Jeff. Very kind of you. I do not have high definition photos and will take some and need to re-read article on silver or silver plated. The silver test acid turned the piece brown or dark red (see pic) so I assume sterling silver or .800.
Even more bad news for me: 1. To remove the spot on this piece that the acid left, I used a silver wipe that was rated very poorly on your list as highly abrasive.
Unfortunately for me the included directions for my acid testing kit did not say anything about that damage could occur if acid is put directly on item and how important it is to remove the acid after testing or even how to remove acid—which I still don’t know. Is it possible you could tell me how I am supposed to remove the acid after testing.
So more bad news:left acid on a silver bracelet for over a day and it turned green in spots.
Any suggestions for something I could do now-- rinsing under water did not help.
No more acid testing for me!