Reading date letter

Hi, can anyone please give me the date of this hallmark, I looked on line and found different dates for the similar image

That’s a lower case “k” for 1884. I note from the shape of the punches that it must be on a watch case. Although we would normally expect to see a duty mark on silver from 1884, watch cases were exempt.

Phil

Thank you Phil, I will have a look at it and see if it corresponds with the date letters I have.

Hi, I’ve had this for a few years. I dug it up in the back garden. The full item is a spoon. On the shaft it says “Nevada Silver D&A”. On the shield end of the spoon, from what I can find out, it looks like a crown which should be Sheffield. Not sure about the second stamp which looks like a grid circle. Then followed by D & A. It has a small split in the base of the handle. Marks mentioned are the only ones on there. Is there any way to tell how old this is and/or it it is worth anything?

Hi suez.

Please start a new topic with your query rather than “piggybacking” onto an unrelated topic.

Phil