Reading Free Give Group - Give and get stuff for free in all Reading towns.
The UK produces about 30 million tonnes of household waste every year - that’s half a tonne per person. Items we throw away such as bed, television, clothes, furniture, printer, toys, sofa and computer can pass to someone in your community.
Recycling is an effective way to cut down on the use of these limited resources as well as promoting community involvement in the process.
There is wonderful new organization called (Reading Free Give Group). How it works. Reading Free Give Group connects people who are giving and getting unwanted items for free in all Reading towns. It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills and, at the same time, helping someone in your community by gifting them the item you no longer need. It’s all about free recycling and a cleaner environment. Let us support Reading Free Give Group and keeping good stuff out of landfills. It’s completely free to join.
Reading Free Give Group Website Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/readingfreegive
How freegive group works:
- You have a television or clothes or furniture or printer or toys you were going to throw out.
- You join your local Freegive group.
- You post an offer on your local Freegive group.
- People respond to you if they are interested.
- You pick a recipient and arrange for them to collect the item.
- They take the item away.
- You let your local freegive group know that the item is no longer available by posting an item TAKEN message to the group.
Note: If you need an item you can request one on your local freegive group in the same way by posting an item WANTED message to the group and if someone has what you’re looking for they will contact you to offer it. If you still have stuff you are trying to get rid of, have you tried freegive group.
Tips on how to post an item on your local freegive group:
* Is your item OFFER, TAKEN, WANTED, or RECEIVED?
- When making an offer, write “offer” in the subject line first.
- Don’t put your phone number in it or it will ring off the hook.
- Ask individuals to email.
- It’s a first-come, serve type of thing.
- Once your item is gone, make another posting that says it’s gone.
- Always state what area you live in. People need to know whether they have the means to get to your place to pick up the item. Please do not put your full address.
If you still have stuff you are trying to get rid of or to recycling your unwanted items, have you tried Reading Free Give Group or visit Free Give Group home page at http://www.freegive.co.uk
Let us support Reading Free Give Group and keeping good stuff out of landfills. It’s completely free to join. Reading Free Give Group Website Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/readingfreegive
Freegive group is active in all London Boroughs United Kingdom and other countries across the world. Find a group near you at http://www.freegive.co.uk/groups.htm