Roma Arco di Tito Framed Image help

This was received by my grandfather in the 1980’s when he retired. We would like to know more about the item and any relevant history etc.

From the markings in the second image below, I have identified it is a 925 silver with a 750 gold plating (18 karat). The left hand markings I have researched and deduced that they are Italian makers mark - denoted by a star, a series of numbers and then two letters from the area the silversmith is registered.

Therefore it reads as follows - star, unknown 5, TA. With research I have found a forum with information of a silversmith in Taranto registered in the mid 1990’s as number 47, therefore I believe it to read either star, 15, 25, 35 as this would line up with when the item was received.

Any advice on further research or any information that anyone may have would be much appreciated.

47 TA was assigned to Cavaliere Roberto, Via Romagna 19, Taranto in 1998. See www.925-1000.com - Search.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I appreciate your reply, but as detailed in the original post, 47 TA was used to date the piece. As it was received in the 1980’s and the second digit in the makers mark is a 5, I made the assumption that is likely to be registration 15, 25 or 35, however no information is to be found so far concerning any of these registrations.