Royal Mfg. Co ??

this message has been deleted due to privacy reasons

Hi there and thanks for joining us. My references list three “Royals”…first, the Royal Metal Mfg. Co. of NYC from about 1909 to 1915…then the Royal Silver Mfg. Co., Newark, NJ from about 1918 into the 1930s that made, among other things, silver novelties - which could include a child’s flatware set…and finally the Royal Silverware Co. of Detroit, Michigan from about the late 1890s. The latter apparently made silver plated items including flatware such as your child’s set. The term “Full Plate” is probably an advertising term denoting purportedly high quality silver plated goods.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Excellent question. I’m a retired lawyer, but not an expert in the area of trademarks and copyrights, although the law firm I practiced with for 40 years had a number of patent and trademark lawyers on board that would probably know the answer to your question off the top of their heads. Semms I remember that trademards (say Coca Cola, for example) never expire while copyrights expire after 100 years. I also remember that how a trademark or copyright is created in the first place and then expire (or don’t) is very complicated…the safe advice is never, never copy someone else’s work…you should check with a recognized expert in the field of patent and trademark law (which again, I am not) and be advised that my observations above do not, and are not intended to, convey legal advice.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Hi carrietvardzik just wondering where you got the red riding hood spoon. Cause i am looking for one to make into a ring. Or if you have a red riding hood ring i would love to buy it from you. All the ones (which isn’t many) have been too expensive. Thanks

Amanda

Thanks for that i am on ebay and i will certainly look out for those rings. I am very interested in purchasing one of those rings as i have been looking for months for one and have only ever found two and they were $100 or over and as i am on a pension it is very hard to afford one.

Looking forward to talking more with you.