Safest and Easiest Way to Clean Silver Jewelry

The pieces that were enhanced by the tarnish were those that had intricate engravings and etchings on them. These pieces needed only a quick polish to shine them up in order to look beautiful but the others needed something a little stronger to do the job. So my sister-in-law searched the internet for products that would take away the tarnish on those silver pieces that she wished to have it removed and she found a number of different websites offering these products when she searched Google.
Evidently a number of companies make these such products. Some of these products are Tarn-X, Silver Lightning, and Metallux. All of these products are said to work very well on silver and are fairly inexpensive as well but they all also contain harsh chemicals that for one may irritate your skin and second of all are dangerous to have in the house if there are children living there. And although my sister-in-law didn’t have a child at the time she was expecting which was also another reason to not use harsh chemical in and of itself, so she decided to look into alternative ways to get rid of the tarnish marring up certain pieces of her collection.
So, we went back to Google and we did another search but this time for homemade tarnish removers for silver jewelry. We found a number of helpful sites that detailed exactly how to make homemade silver jewelry cleaners that were safe and lacking harsh chemicals but yet still would work good enough to remove the tarnish. These homemade cleaners may contain things such as salt, soap, baking soda, and/or water. As you can see none of these materials are at all threatening or dangerous and they work well too.

Large Silver Picture Frames

alcohol or peroxide work pretty good. i always use peroxide because you can see it working. use some kind of bowl and put your jewelry in it,then fill it with peroxide till your jewelry is completely covered. let it soak for a few mins then mix it around with your finger and let it soak again. then dry off with anything cotton.

gentle use of an old toothbrush and toothpaste also works like a charm.

Please know that toothpaste and even OLD toothbrushes can scratch silver. Use a wet horsehair or natural boar bristle brush when cleaning intricate areas.

The easiest way to clean your silver jewelery , you can wash with the tooth-pest because it clean very nice. It look like a new jewelry. There have to be ways to restore and revive these easily. In the market there are chemical enhanced formula treatments in the form of liquids and gels, which are used as cleaning products.

Christingill,

Before advising others what techniques to use, please read my Silver Care Guide: [url]http://www.hermansilver.com/care.htm[/url]. Toothpastes ([url]Silver polishing, silver cleaning, and silver storage) are too abrasive, and dips ([url]http://www.hermansilver.com/tarn-x.htm[/url]) will absolutely ruin your silver.