silver dish with Towle inscribed on bottom. Legitimate?

This is a 3 tier silver dish that has inscribed on the bottom TOW-L-E, and a sticker next to it that says made in India. I just bought it at a thrift store. I am wondering if it is made by Towle and if it is silver plated or sterling. Or if there is any history at all.
experimetn2.jpg
experiment1.jpg

Hi there and thanks for joining us. Its Towle, silverplated, and much of their recent stuff is made overseas.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Thank you very much for your help. I wasn’t sure if it was TOWLE because of the dash next to the L. Do you know if it is newer or older? I have looked everywhere for something similar to this, but I can’t seem to find anything like it.

I’d say it is fairly new, probably post 1960s. These three tiered stands are fairly common in silver plate, almost never see them in sterling. I’ve been looking for years for a sterling three tiered plate stand with rings that plates sit in with no luck. One UK dealer I met at the big Miami Beach show one year said he’d seen only one in his career.

The fact that your stand - by an American maker - does not carry the word “sterling” means that it is silverplated or another silver metal, not solid silver.

Regards,

Uncle Vic

Thank you once again for your help. That is very interesting about it being hard to find a 3 tier piece that is sterling. I have a lot to learn.