Please visit our other websites: Ganoksin Jewelry Making Resource | Orchid Jewelry Making Forums | International Gem Society | IGS Gemstone and Gemology Forums

Silver Collector Forums

Silver Tray markings

Please help me identify the maker of this tray and any info you may have on age. Sorry photo posts upside down. I believe it is silver plate, but not sure. It has three shields on the back with drawings inside; 1/castle, 2/ “W” with an arrow in the middle, and 3/ crown.

This mark crops up occasionally (here for example) but has not been identified. There is a variant which is almost certainly the same company. See here.

Phil

I do appreciate your responding. I have searched the internet endlessly and found what you have and another item hallmark the same as mine, but still with no information. I guess it will remain a mystery. I assume it is plated, but is there a possibility that it could be 925 and just not marked because it is vintage? Have you ever see that happen before? It is pretty heavy. Thanks again, ~Kris

The chances of it being unmarked sterling are vanishingly small. Don’t give up hope of getting an identification…