Small Tray by Mauser??

Got a Mauser sterling silver piece here that looks like it could be part of the Adolphe Bouguereau paintings themed stuff that Mauser apparently made at one point. Anybody recognize this or know anything about it. It’s only 5.6 ounces. Is this a bonbon dish? I know nothing other than what I read online today about silver. I have no idea if I posted pictures correctly

[/img]http://www.silver-collector.com/files/mauserfront_157.jpg[/img] (alt+p)[/img]
mauserback.JPG
mauserfront.JPG

Hi there Jonordy and thanks for joining us. Yes, its a “bon bon” dish by Mauser of New York which was in busines from 1887 until 1903. That mark is one of their very early ones, from the late 1880s or early 1890s. The number under the mark is the pattern number.

I especially collect Mauser and have not seen that particular dish before. Very nice…as to value, I guess we all need to adjust our value thinking as silver hit close to $29 a troy oz. today. Mauser bon bons have been selling in the $75-100 range recently but currently its probably worth a good bit more than that. They show up on Ebay fairly frequently, so check the “completed auctions” there for Mauser and you might get a better idea of value.

Should you ever decide to part with it I’d love a shot at it. Its a wonderful piece.

Regards,

Uncle Vic